Sunday, December 1, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 1 -Candy Cane Hot Chocolate and Christmas Cards

I love hot chocolate on a cold night, and my son is always bragging about how good candy cane hot chocolate is. So today I stopped with a friend at Tim Horton's to get one... one word... mmmmmmmmm

 First ever Candy Cane Hot Chocolate!
I'm hooked! Upping my game on hot chocolate... must put Candy Cane Hot Chocolate on my list of traditions.

This year I've added to my Christmas cards to soldiers overseas... just a few handmade decorations and of course candy canes
One tradition I started a few years ago was writing Christmas cards to those serving overseas... all because of a movie I watched.

I've been writing Christmas cards to my friends and family since I was old enough to write my name. Mom started me on it and we use to do them together. We use to proof read each other's Christmas letters too. I think I was sending a hundred every year. Than mom was gone 2017 and I had a hard time thinking of what to say that first Christmas. I think I did 10, then last year I think I wrote 20 before Dad, my Aunt and I rushed off to Vegas and Disneyland for Christmas.

Christmas in Disneyland Dec 25, 2018

 It was a great way to celebrate Christmas, but I missed the boys. This year we are going to stick close to home and be with the boys. My son has to work everyday, and gets Christmas Day off and my youngest brother is thinking of moving to Vancouver after Christmas. I think this Christmas is going to be extra special with all of us together. I'm hoping more family will join us... Let's seeif my wish comes .








No comments:

Post a Comment