Thursday, December 19, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 19 - Gifts, Crafts, Snow

I love giving gifts. I mean it puts a smile on my face and warms my heart. To receive gifts makes me really hesitate and feel ... odd, uncomfortable... weird, until I heard something last night, that made me realize I need to change my feelings about receiving.
Pat Williams in his book, How to be like Walt, wrote "If you don't know how to graciously receive, you don't know how to really give." He further went on to say that people who are awkward and uncomfortable in receiving are not giving freely. They are trading.

It really took me by surprise. And I had to stop my audiobook and have thought on it all night and all day today. Which lead to me to be more aware of HOW I receive and HOW I give.

The law of love (attraction) goes on feelings, not actions. How one feels when giving - genuine or in hopes of recein, will sow up in the results around the person. Give when you feeling giving. Give to give, Give out of love. Nothing less.\

And receive in the same way.

So on that note... 

 
 I stopped in at my work place and talked to the head boss briefly. He gave me a box of one of Mom and Dad's old favorite wines and the receptionist gave me a bottle of a new blend of wine we make. She told me she'd heard about me and my accident and said she hoped I'd have a great Christmas. Well, I was in shock. But I graciously accepted and thanked them both. This really made my day feel extra special.

When I got home, I put all my gifts away (yes, I received other gifts too) I'd received and put groceries away, prepped supper and then pulled out a craft project that I haven't worked on since May.

I figure I will work on it a couple times a day and perhaps I'll be finished in a few years. Hee hee
It's a rug that I will want for my new home, so it has to be done sooner than later.

As I was getting ready to write this blog tonight, I had a knock on the door and my neighbor came to give me a lotto ticket! He wanted to say thank you for me being his friend.... brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet old man. As we chatted I realized it was snowing! A lot!


My neighbor told me we are to expect about 18 or more centimetres (7 or more inches) overnight. Well, let's find out.

As for now, I'm sitting here having a glass of wine, salmon and salad for supper and watching Matrix Reloaded.

Until tomorrow everyone! Thank you for giving me the gift of reading my blogs and telling me you enjoy them. G'night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment