Saturday, December 14, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 14 - Light up and Christmas party on the SS Sicamous

Quiet day until it wasn't...

 Headed to the SS Sicamous in Penticton today to watch the light up, have hot chocolate and listen to the carolers then sit with Santa and get our pictures taken.

It was such a fun time. The decorations and ambiance on the boat was magical.
 Sharing it with Melissa and her two kids just made it all the more fun.
















The inside was decorated beautifully as was the outside.

 And I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven with all the most amazing miniatures set up everywhere!
 I love Christmas villages. Each one told a different story. It was so neat to look at them all...



Carolers where in costume and sounded amazing. I love hearing the voices in the old boat.



 














Even the tug was decorated.
                                   
 And what is a Christmas party without seeing Santa!




Lizzy had to hug every Christmas tree on the boat... hee hee
We went outside when it started getting a bit crowded... time to leave and head to Tim Horton's for a quiet visit and treats before heading home.
 
                                                                                                                                                                   


Yup, even the trees outside got hugs...
Connor had to check out the upper decks. He said everything was lit up, up there. Sadly, my knee couldn't handled the steep stairs... maybe next year I'll be able to do it.

We had to stop and check out the beautiful train set up before Timmy's...



                                                                                            Sure looked pretty outside of the boat.

When I'm driving anywhere, I tend to listen to  audiobooks, tonight I chose "How to Live like Walt Disney", written by Pat Williams. It was kind of fitting because the forward to the book was by a close friend of Walts and he said that Walt was a unique man. He looked at life through the eyes of wonder and his imagination was always working, even when he was doing a job that wasn't fun, like delivering newspapers, he always had his imagination to keep him company and fill his life with wonder and excitement. And to this end, this is how we should be like Walt Disney.

Spending time with the kids and exploring the boat lit up tonight was definitely a reminder to me to keep looking for the light, love and wonder in my life. No matter how simple the tasks are or how challenging life can be. Just keep my eyes and mind open to the magic all around me, that is life. 
                                                                                                                                                                   
                             
While listening to the audio on the ride home, I hit a wall of snow in Okanagan Falls. Literally a wall seem to just appear across the bridge near Tickleberry's. You could say the drive home was hairy from there on. We all had to slow down to drive about 20 KM/hr home... took roughly an hour because it was snowing so hard and heavy that we couldn't see where the road was from the lake, trees, cliff edge, fields or buildings. Everything was white. 

The whole time I'm driving I'm listening to the audio and kept thinking, "How can I find the magic in this? What wonder can I find in this? What would Walt Disney say about this?" Well, I didn't freak out driving and made it home safe and sound.


 As you can see from the flakes of snow on my hair and shoulder they weren't small... hee hee
Now that I'm home, it sure looks pretty outside.

Tim and I had dinner and now it's time for us to watch a movie. It was a great day and ended beautifully.

Good night everyone! Talk with you again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment