Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 21- First Time Ever Making a... Yule Log

I've heard of Yule Logs, the cake that is, but have never made one, let alone eaten one. So as you have already figured out, this Christmas I'm trying all kinds of new things.

I love baking, especially when it's something I've never  attempted before. I decided to challenge myself... I'd been sharing on Facebook all day... But if you missed it, it's all here now.

Check it out


                                     

Part one: Making a new treat for Christmas. My experiment with help from a few recipes I found online. So far it's working ðŸ¤ž
My dream kitchen sure would be nice this Christmas but I'm making due... hee hee



 














Part of baking is the clean up... before I begin part two of the treat, I need a few of these dishes cleaned.

 Part two: can you guess what I'm trying to make? 

Hint: chocolate and coffee together in this part.

Yes, you guessed it, Chocolate Coffee Mousse filling

Getting ready to make part three then it will be ready to assemble
The cake is cool and ready to fill. I made a whipped chocolate frosting... Now to put the mousse in and freeze to set before I frost the cake....

Any ideas what I'm attempting to make from scratch?





Tada! 

 My very first Yule Log! Ok, ok, so I gave it away in the title of my blog... but I have to admit it was fun...

For the first time ever making one and from scratch...
I found a few recipes online for making one, but there were things I didn't like about all the recipes, so decided to combine all things I DID like about them and make my own...

Not sure how it tastes, but since this is the test Yule Log, I'll let my friends tell me what they think. If it passes the friends test then I'll make it for my family for Christmas....

So who's up for being my guinea pigs? Hee hee Coffee on and Yule Log is ready for your scrutiny!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment