Friday, December 13, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 13 - Giving, Fun and Friends

I had a great day today. Coffee with my son, before he went off to work and then I stopped in at the Tuc el Nuit Elementary School where my friend had organized for the second year in a row the Santa's Workshop program. 

On the way I saw this cute little house.


It's actually a really neat idea. Over the past few months my friend has been collecting donations and today, they set up the gym with everything donated so that kids could come buy their Christmas presents here. Everything was for sale for a dollar! Then at 10:30 the kids were able to come in and get anything they wanted for free. She called it "Free to All".

Kids were laughing, running around and shopping. Teachers were holding boxes for the kids and I heard kids coming up saying things like, "Mommy loves dinosaurs!" Then handed the teacher a game that had dinosaurs in it. I couldn't help but smile. Another little girl came up to her teacher and said, "My baby sister loves hearing stories." And handed over a book that had buttons on it and talked.

 




I even picked up a couple things myself...

 This cute little teapot and a beautiful new sheet set for my aunts new bed.






This afternoon my friend Helen stopped by to help me put up Christmas lights on one of my trees outside. I think it looks cute...















There's only a hundred lights on this tree, but I worked with what I had.


Well, that was my day. Now I'm having peppermint tea and watching Captain America ... G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment