Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 11 - Snow Day!

Woke up this morning to snow and of course visitors of the feathery kind...

















This Steller's Jay figured since I didn't have anymore peanuts he would steal them from the bird feeder.


Along with him, there were all kinds of Junko's, Pygmy Nuthatches, Sparrows (3 or 4 different kinds) and two woodpeckers.













I also saw that some of my feathery friends came to see if we were home too... you can't hide where you walk, in snow. ha ha ha ha



After I spent time watching the birds, the cats decided they wanted to play in the snow too. It's the first snowfall this season and Schrodinger (our black cat) had never been in the snow. He's an indoor cat for the most part, goes out on his leash but has yet to experience snow first hand. He was a hoot to watch... check him out here.


Naturally Tidbit, being older and more experienced with all weather took everything in stride and just watched his young friend be silly.



















After coffee and laughs with my friends, I went over to see my neighbor and we had coffee together too then went off in his truck to pick up a few groceries and had lunch at Rattlesnake Lounge at Nk'mip Canyon Desert Golf. It's a really nice place to eat and priced really reasonable. I have to remember to take Dad there next time. I think he'd like it. Check out the menu link here. It doesn't include their daily specials, but Fridays they have Prime Rib dinner, Sunday is Chinese buffet, etc.

I love the metal statues they have displayed and of course the view of the town is very pretty.

After a day of playing in the snow, I think it's time to enjoy a cup of tea and perhaps watch a movie. Star Wars movie sounds good right about now. 

Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment