Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 16 - What Symbol Represents Christmas Holidays for You?

Everyone has that one special tradition that they look forward to every Christmas holiday, I'm sure. That one symbol that says Christmas is here. I love lights! Particularly the decorations and lights outside. Since I was a little girl, my parents would bundal us up and drive us to the streets that were Christmas ready, by following the Lights Map. As I got older, these special streets and homes and yes maps started disappearing. 

Now it's really hard to find them. I think that's why I loved being in Vegas and Disneyland last Christmas because of all the beautiful lights and decorations.

Well, today I happened to be in the post office mailing a couple last minute Christmas Cards and I found this...
 The staff said that it's a very busy little mail box. I think they need a bigger one. hee hee

While I was there, a gentleman in line said that if I liked decorations so much I needed to go to Silver Sage Winery because they had the best decorations in Oliver. Well, that was a challenge that I couldn't pass up! The Best? We will see...



 4PM and I was out the door before it got too dark to see my way...
The beginning of their driveway greeted me with this.

                                                                               





This path of giant lights intrigued me. I've never seen these before. They were cool! But what greeted me at the bottom, took my breath away.


 This place was magical for Oliver. I was grinning from ear to ear. The guy in the post office did not kid about this being the best in town.
















As I walked around I felt like I was in my own version of Disneyland. This is what I love about Christmas holidays.                                                                           



 I got giddy when I saw the Disney Characters. It's like my Christmas wish came true today.

Even Cinderella's carriage!


 Santa's sleigh!


    This was so cute to see, Santa in his own gazebo.

And of course, I just had to check out the little village. They had beautiful glass decorations hanging in the windows. So pretty.
    



 Mickey down! Call Disney 911! 
    It's ok, I found him standing just around the corner... hee hee                                                                                                                                                              


                                             


Spectacular. I just loved the decorations here. I'm so glad I went. I had to go inside too, because it was so pretty outside, I thought what could they do with the inside.


 Yup, they really know how to decorate inside too. So pretty.
Carolers! This was so pretty...
 Well, after that fun experience, I was driving home and found a few other places that were done pretty too.

 The Town hall looked so pretty. And so did the park across from them.



 One of the fruitstands was decorated too.



 Yes, I have to say it was pretty fun today to see all these houses and businesses dressed up for Christmas. Thank you Oliver for showing me your lights.

Tell me what holiday symbol represents Christmas for you. I'd love to hear all of them.

Tea and reading time now. G'night my friends.







































No comments:

Post a Comment