Friday, December 6, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 6 - Laughter, Experiment and Wrappings

What a fun day! First off, after driving my son to work, I stopped in the dollar store and met these two lovely, fun ladies. They were picking out their costumes for their performance Dec 14 at a local cafe, but we had a private performance just for us in the store. They sang a couple songs and really made us laugh. I had such a grin on my face as I walked around getting my own items.


















When I got home, I had a coffee with my neighbor and we had a great laugh together too. I hung the birdseed bell for my birds in the tree and then I came in to work on my newest invention... Candy Cane Drops. But first... I got out my new Christmas dish drying mat and oven mitt and grabber. Very Christmasy in here now!







As for the cookies, I know they are definitely a work in progress, but phase one wasn't a total loss, just not what I was going for.





















My son said they were good, but not pepperminty enough... hee hee I said that I want them to be different, for example, no baking needed. No cooking, they have to be really special! So back to the drawing board. And they have to have a real taste candy cane. So he suggested I use candy cane tea as an ingredient... hmmmmmm He might have an idea there.



This is my special recipe book that I keep all my family recipes (generations of them) and my successful inventions are in... I do rough drafts on post it notes, as you can see... and mostly because if I get a recipe perfect, then I want to make sure I know what I did so if someone asks for recipe, I don't just say, "I did it off the top of my head." People don't seem to like that because then they can't copy the recipes... hee hee

My Candy Cane Drops will have to wait though. I will work on it, but not tomorrow. Spending time with a friend and her parents. Before they move. It'll be their last Christmas in this house. So I want to go see them their one more time...


I put together my sample dishes for my friends as gifts tonight too. I hope they like them.

Ok, off to watch a Christmas movie and drink my favorite evening tea, Lavendar Chamomile tea... mmmmm good night everyone. We'll chat again tomorrow... with a fun twist to my Christmas Countdown.



No comments:

Post a Comment