Thursday, December 5, 2019

Christmas Countdown Day 5 - Gingerbread House Building and Ugly Sweaters


My son had the day off today so after a day of hanging out with me and watching movies we also built our first gingerbread houses! I mean, well, at 49 I've never made one before, but I really wanted to try it this year. I cheated, and bought a kit. But this kit was a bit different... you see, I found "Mug Huggers"!  
Here you can see Tim working on his mug hugger...
And his finished gingerbread.  His turned out pretty good, don't you think?




To bad that upon opening the kit, most of the pieces were broken, but I think I can make them work. Just need better icing to repair them.



This one is mine.

Tada! They actually fit the mugs. We did have fun, and Tim did laugh at me a few times. Especially when I got on my knees to beg him to come decorate cookies with me. But he said he would have done it, without the begging. He just thought it'd be fun to see it... ha ha ha ha ha ha boys!

We then decided to make... Yup, you guessed it! Ugly Sweater sugar cookies!



These actually were really fun! Ha ha ha ha ha





















Tim is working on his cute little Christmas tree sweater. 

I finished my Wreath sweater. Ok, seriously! The kit might be called Ugly Sweaters, but these were so cute!

Well, time for hot cider, cookies and finish our movie. Good night everyone!



                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment