Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Pause in the Fire Practice

No fire practice for me last night. Worst migraine I've had in ages and just couldn't do it:( But still had work to do. Paper work seems to take longer with migraines, then normal. Gee I wonder why? LOL

Been up since 4:30 AM, the pager was going off. Smoke alarm going at one residential where no one lives...nothing to report there. All clear. But as Engine 172 (pumper truck) was off for that call 
they called Rescue 171 (a second vehicle) to come check out a scene they were passing up by the old Warehauser plant. A car was parked on the side of the road and someone was down behind it.

172 got there and found a woman with a broken leg. All good, ambulance got called and both trucks and crew came home to roost after 45 min.

Other then that, it was a really quiet evening. We did get a call out during fire practice last night tho'. Cut the practice short (they got set up for smoke out practice and then dispatch paged.) By the time the guys came back it was 9. So I really didn't miss anything. Next week I'll be back in full swing.

Well, it's Thursday and I've got some chores to do this morning. Head is still feeling the pressure. So I don't want to be on the computer long. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment