Thursday, November 22, 2012

"Quick! I'm limp!" And other firefighter quirks

Hello and welcome! Our fire practice night was entertaining to say the least. We washed trucks! Yeah!!! LOL I know, I know, you're all going WHAT?!? Actually it was pretty funny and fun.

Let me tell you why we enjoyed it so much. One of our Captains, pointed at us randomly around the table, including me and said, "you five come with me" then pointed to another group of guys and said "you six will go with 'him' " directing to another Captian. We all looked at each other, shrugged and sure enough, five of us followed him out. We came together in front of one of the trucks and he disappeared! We looked around, "where did he go?" One of the guys wandered to the tool room, nope not there, then went back to the main room, nope not there...came back looking rather confused. We were told to follow but where? Not sure what we were suppose to do next we figured it was better to wait as a group then to spread out and hunt. 

Have no fear, Our Captian came back! ha ha ha He'd actually gone to the storage room and brought out brushes, special stainless steel cleaner, soap for the water hose then proceeded to tell us what we were in store for that night. One of the many Chris' said, "I hired a baby-sitter to come and clean trucks?" I thought he was going to leave, but as we got going on the cleaning he realized we were having so much fun, he stuck it out. 

At one point we were laughing so hard that no one could stand up properly. You'd thought we had drank the cleaner! One of the guys was using the hose to rinse the trucks down in stages and he yelled from the back of the truck, "Quick! I'm limp!" Oh man, that did it...we were killing ourselves laughing. We had no idea what he was talking about but we figured it must be something good. He then clarified it with, "My hose just dribbles!"

As you can imagine with a room full of guys, it got worse from there. Funny thing about being in the fire hall as the only female. None of the guys think twice about how they treat me, I'm either one of the guys or their my "father". Some will swear and look over at me immediately and appologize. I say, "Don't worry about it. I'm around drivers who know a lot more words then you say." But it's really nice that members respect me enough to think about their language.

At the end of laughing, getting soaked and cleaning trucks we went back to the hall for our meeting, and then got started on the Christmas party plans.

I bet you're wondering what the other six guys got to do while we played with water. They had to do CPR practice on a dummy :P I think I enjoyed my evening more then they did...ha ha ha

All in all, I didn't get home till after 11 and certainly didn't get to bed too early. LOL But what a fun way to break up the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment