Thursday, October 25, 2012

Three Isn't a Crowd

Fire practice was pretty much the same as the week before. LOL but this time Chris and I were joined by Mike. We didn't do the smoke out because there was hardly anyone there.

So we three worked with the airtanks and gear while the other 6 guys did the rope practice. One thing that was different though was at the end, we were timed. Because I'm the newest member they went easy on me. ha ha ha

Th
e firefighter book says we have to be able to don the airtank n gear in a minute or less. According to the old timers, this is ridiculous because you have at least 10 min in the truck to get to the fire and the RIT team has 10min to do that after the first team goes in. But Rob wanted to see how fast we could put these tanks on. So the race was on...

The first time Mike did it in 1:58, Chris did it in 1:38 and I in 2:08. The second time we did it Mike 1:32 Chris in 1:44 and I in 1:58. Then Rob says "best out of three" so we did it again. Mike did it in 1:04, Chris in 1:34 and I did it in 1:44. Yeah! I didn't do it under the 40 mark, but I'm happy that it was progressively better. Concidering Mike has been with the hall 3 years, Chris joined 5 months ago and I only 6 weeks. They had classroom time as well, I haven't had that.

Next week is halloween and so we aren't going to pull the trucks out to train on. The Captains decided that we will do the smoke out in the hall that night. We don't want to run over all the little kiddies. hee hee

Have a great day everyone! Happy Thursday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment