Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Response: A Letter from a Fire Fighter's Wife


Found this letter on Facebook today and wanted to share my response with you.
Click link: Letter from a fire fighter's wife

My time is precious with my son, whom I see for a few days each month, but I too am a fire fighter. He knows when my pager goes off, no matter the time or day, I'll kiss his cheek and go on the call. He's proud of me and worries about me. When I get home after a call, he asks if I'm ok and gives me the biggest hug. If it's the middle of the night, he'll stir from his sleep to make sure I'm ok.

We, here at the hall, are paid volunteer members. This means we volunteer our time throughout the year and one day just before Christmas each year we get a pay check. It's not big but it helps. It's not easy and it's not complicated, it simply is a path we have chosen to take.

I'm proud to stand with the fire fighters from all over the world. They don't think they're heros but I know their big hearts often get in the way of time with family and friends, and their families see them as I do, they are our heros. Their lives are priceless just as you are.

Thank you to my family and friends for understanding why I do this. Because even as I gear up, you are always on my mind and in my heart. As I go out, know my partner has my back.

Keep the candle burning in the window, I'll be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment