Thursday, May 16, 2013

Traffic control learnin

We were suppose to do the extracting practice last night instead three of us needed to start our traffic control course. After the MVA a couple nights ago where we needed certified traffic members, tonight became a priority.

It's really interesting... for the most part. A few things were no brainers, like the sign we carry, Stop and Slow, what it means and how to carry it. Some things were new to me. How to control traffic, keep safe and still be available for my crew and the people coming upon the scene.

We have a test and the practical in June.

While we were in class studying, the rest of the guys - minus the newbies that came - were outside getting us ready for next week's auto demolition. hee hee Can't wait! We get to practice on a SUV. One of the guys mentioned "Tammie's in the back" Oh fun... I think he was teasing, but if he means I'm in the vehicle then Superman better be there to rescue me :) I know, Fire fighters are superheros in bunker gear.

Have a good day everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment