Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review and remember...O2 tank practice night

It's been 6 weeks since I was at a practice. I kinda felt like a fish out of water last night and it wasn't a pretty sight either. Between my nasty head cold and trying to work with oxygen tanks, I was being whipped.

But my partner and our fearless leader the Deputy Chief were patient with me. On and off, over, under and through. Up and down, in and around. Yeah, you're getting dizzy just reading that aren't you. Try doing that with ringing in one ear, muffled sounds in the other, stuffy nose and all the gear on including the protective hood and helmet ... What? Can you repeat that?... you get the picture.

To tell you the truth, it was still loads of fun and knowing that I was with my buds again and learning, remembering and retraining was so worth going even if I wasn't on top of my game.

Next we are suppose to be doing the oxygen tank time tests and getting ready to train the newbies. Yes! I'm going to help get the new guys in shape! Hee hee let the fun begin :D

Night all, see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment