Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bike Rally and Kids Fair

Hanging out with the Chief and one of our Captain's today at the Fire Hall while we were waiting for the guy who organized our part in the kids fair to show up. Waited a half hour and he wasn't there. We waited longer, pulled the trucks out and got everything ready to take to the kids event...sigh nope it was a bust. No kids, no leader, no nothing.

Pretty trucks sitting in the sun, us in our matching Tees... we were just enjoying the company, music and visiting with the Fire Inspector. Other then that, nothing.

Here's Tim and I heading out exploring the neighborhood to kill time :)


As you can see, we were not in the least bored. Disappointed that we couldn't show off the trucks but we still go to hang out together. Best part of the weekend, spending it with my son.

Have a great Mother's Day weekend ladies! Guys it's your turn next month... hee hee

P.S. Just got back from playing with the Zodiac! We had a call out that required some of us to head to the water. O_o Something new to learn! Off we went. Three in the boat heading out to investigate the situation while two of us stayed with the truck and trailer. My partner told me some of the things that I'd be learning this summer and some of his experiences while we listened to the radio updates and waited for our mates to return.

My favorite part of the adventure? hee hee Yes, my captain called me a "big kid" and laughed at me. hee hee My partner told me "new recruits usually are the ones to tie up the zodiac when it comes back in." I asked how is it done? Do I walk out to the boat to bring it in, throw the tie, walk along the dock... we went over all the scenarios that he has seen it done. But as a newbie it was probably best if I just walk out in to the water and bring it in. Okie dokie... innocent and trusting off I go behind the truck, down into the water up to my knees and we get it on the trailer, hooked up and pulled out. Ha ha ha no one said a thing about it until we get back to the hall. Then my Captain called me a big kid... ha ha ha Shaking his head at me and laughing. I grinned and said tongue in teeth, "Squish squish" as I walked :P stripped out of my coveralls and hung them up to dry. Then I turned around and said "Water was warmer then I thought it would be."

I might have way too much fun learning all the new stuff but at least I'm learning and having fun :) Oh what adventures are waiting for me this summer!?! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment