Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fire Practice and owning my own business aren't much different after all

It was a pretty good evening. Not what I expected from practice but it's what I needed. Lots of support from my parents and the guys at the hall trying to help me find where I need to be rather then just getting by. The guys at the hall want to see me succeed in this business so I can be around more and more time with my family which to them is more important then a job that is all consuming. My Chief said he thinks I'm losing too much weight and burnt out before my time.

Being the only female on the team has its advantages and disadvantages too. Being in the centre and everyone aware of me and my life is the same coin with two sides. I feel more grounded and understand better what I need to do. I'm going in the right direction, I just need to believe in myself. My deputy chief and the chief said, "Remember that feeling of climbing that ladder for the first time in your bunker gear?"
"Yes" Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment