Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Put On, Tighten, Check, Take Off, Clean and Repeat

Wednesday, middle of the week breakup, Fire practice. I'd been told last week that we were doing inventory checklist and pulling christmas lights down to make sure they were ready for Dec 1 lighting. We were to also be checking the tower. Nope not even close tonight :P

Both us newbies had our fire gear training tonight. More like air tank review for the other newbie and learning for me. Putting on, tighting, ch
eck gadges, take off, clean and repeat. Full bunker gear and tank practice for 2 hours. Ok, I'm going to be sore tomorrow. LOL after an hour of putting on (over head) taking off (jacket style) my shoulders and arms were acking, then we had to change tanks and do again. Oiy! I'm going to be doing it in my sleep tonight! ha ha ha

Seriously, it really is important to know how, why and when to do things on the tanks. There really is an order to putting the gear on, tank, etc. I won't bore you with the finer details. Just be greatful that the firefighters who go in to a house fire really do take the time to do these lessons and practice, practice, practice.

Next week we are doing a complete smoke out in the hall and having to be able to find people in the dark. This is going to be interesting. Gear, tanks and systems ready.

Night all! I'm going to get a snack, drink my water and hopefully get a good night sleep:)

No comments:

Post a Comment