Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Up the Tower and Hauling Hoses

Meeting at the firehall tonight was all about business...clean up for the first half hour then the rest of the time was hashing out the business of running the fire hall. I was kinda glad cuz I've had a yucky headache all day and really didn't have the energy to do anything real physical. LOL 

I did climb the tower and lower all the hoses that were dry down to the guys below so they could roll th
em up however. That was fun. First time up there by myself...a bit freaky without my gear on and leaning over the edge of the railing to grab the rope, tie hoses on (3 at a time) and lower them down was a bit nerve-racking the first couple times. If I was afraid of heights I would have been dizzy...lol oh yeah, I was squeamish when looking that far down. The guys look really small from 75 ft up...ha ha ha no, not really.

Well, I'm off to bed now. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment