Friday, December 21, 2018

Day 1 of Las Vegas/ Christmas Day in Disneyland trip

Dad wanted to go to Vegas last year for Christmas, but Aunty Sally, Tim (my son), Patrick(my youngest brother) and I couldn't get away all at the same time so we had our first Christmas without Mom at my condo.

So this year we are getting away to Las Vegas and Aunty Sally's dream was to spend Christmas day in Disneyland. So off we go... only downside is Tim has to work over Christmas holidays and Patrick wanted to spend Christmas with his girlfriend and her family.

That leaves Dad, Aunty Sally and I on our own.

I'm going to share my adventure with you... And this is the beginning...
First you have to understand that yesterday there was a major wind storm that rocked the lower mainland and dumped 10 in or so of snow on the major highways to get from my home to Tsawwassen where I'll be picking my Aunt up from the ferry. Thus way I'm sharing the road pictures, so you can see the progress of snow and stuff I had to go through...
Just leaving Princeton. So far the roads have been
like this... clear and dry
Now I'm entering Manning Park... little bit more
snow here.

Oh boy... power line down and more snow. We had to wait for the trucks to
clear the broken pole away and cut the rest of it down, as they
were putting a new one up. 45 Min wait.

Uhhhhh..... my 4 hour drive turned into 7 1/2 hour one. Snow, accidents and construction
but I finally made it. Now to put my feet up and rest...
I'm now just going to say good night. See you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment