Thursday, January 3, 2013

Two Call Outs in the first two days of 2013

I got a page for a first responder call-out, January 1st. Early morning ones, aren't always the best, but we go because we want to make it easier for others. We were lucky this one was fairly easy, she was alert and able to tell us what the issue was. Both of my partners were great. I took notes and listened, while they asked all the questions, calmly and diligently. The husband was soooo calm with all that was going on, you'd of thought he was the one conducting the interview. Me? I'm sure I would have been a wreck knowing my spouse couldn't breath. But not this man! He was a rock. Quietly getting whatever was asked of him or answering questions. Kinda reminded me of my Dad.

The second call I attended, was in the evening of January 2nd (I worked on the 2nd so missed 4 calls) but I got home just in time for the 5th call of the day. It was a lift-assist call-out. I didn't know what to expect from this call because I'd never heard of such a call. Ohhhhh something new!

This one was awesome! Well, awesome for me, cuz it was something different and I actually participated and it didn't require ambulance or hospital visits. It took three of us to help. No paperwork needed on my part...hee hee In the end we helped the gentlemen back upstairs and had a nice visit with him. Needless to say, he is calling to have his elevator fixed.

The calls I get the privilege to attend, if you can call it that, are simply amazing. Seeing such compassion, support and humanity being given freely is probably the best part of this job.

I had fire practice on the 2nd...that's another blog in itself...

2 comments: