Friday, January 4, 2013

First Practice of the Year

Fire practice? Not exactly. It was more of a clean up bee and preparation for future work. Ahhhh but what fun...hee hee

Cheeky, funny, quirky... all I could do to keep up with the rowdies. Seriously! I mean you try being a female in with a bunch of yuk yuk guys :D But I must admit it's funny to hear them go off amongst themselves and in mid stream of inappropriate language hear "Sorry Tammie!" and a quiet chuckle. I have to admit that since joining it's become a joke in itself...watch the language! Oh wait, she's one of the guys, never mind...or maybe we should anyways.

Ha ha ha ha

Rolling up hoses, putting Christmas decorations away, sweeping, taking lights down, turning exterior Christmas lights off for the year and all the while joking and laughing. What a great way to start the year. Oh and some of the guys had a refresher on blood pressure equipment. I watched a bit and listened...I am nosey, what can I say?

Except that I think for me, the best part of the evening was my new bunker gear came in! I had a fitting...that was interesting...lol Hearing a Captain yell "Tammie, Bedroom now!" Uhmmmmm do I go? Oiy! Hee hee the actual bedroom is a office/bunk room with wall beds in it for emergencies. I wonder if it's ever been used? There's so much stuff in that space that I really doubt it. I think it's more of a drop for now before putting in storage space. hee hee

Gear fits great! Like it  was made for me...oh wait it was. LOL It even has my name in the label! It's sooooo new that even the knees are shiny. I was advised to throw the outer part into the wash machine on cold without soap to take out the starch so it isn't as stiff. I said "it's not stiff like the other one I was using." But I'll head the experience of the fire fighter and do what he suggested, as soon as we get time to do such things on a weekend. For now, it'll work.

Well, now for the boots (coming) and new orange jumper (haven't been fitted for yet, but it's going to come).

Wonder what we have in store for next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment