Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Working the Hose and Learning the Ropes

Wednesday firehall practice ran late tonight. Did I mind 3 hours of practice? Nope! I got to run the 1 1/2inch water hose and the foam hose. Then we went to a 2inch water hose...holy cow there's a lot of pressure coming in that half inch difference. We had a team of 2 on the smaller one but it took 3 of us on the bigger one. It was really cool! 

Then the hard part, we had to hang the lines up the 
tower. Remember the 75 foot one I told you I took my test in? Climbing that ladder system in fire gear w/o tanks is much easier:) Try hauling 9 hoses up there and hanging them with a rope and pully system, three at a time. Great upper body work out. I'm going to feel it tomorrow for sure...lol MIke and I were at the top hauling the hoses up to hang while Kris and Chris were at the bottom tying them on for hauling up.

I'm on standby this weekend as well as helping out with our booth at Western Days in OK Falls! It starts at 11 on Saturday. Who's coming!?!

We are also in the parade too:) Bring your cameras...lol I'll be the one in the OK Falls VFD tee shirt and jeans... ha ha ha can't man the booth and be in the parade, they start at the same time.

Ok that's it for this weeks blog from the fire fighter recruit. Until next week. Stay fit and have fun...oh wait, that's an ad... well, have fun anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment