Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rode in the Truck During the Parade


Had an interesting day yesterday here in Ok Falls. I was called at 9 AM Saturday morning from Caption Rick, "Do you want to ride in the fire truck in the parade this morning?" I replied that I thought I was suppose to go over and help setup the booth for the festival. His reply was "Yes, but I thought you might like to do something different." I said absolutely! and off I went to the parade.

It 
was sooooo cool! LOL Friends took pictures and Shaw was there filming the parade along with a couple newspaper reports. Not sure if I'll get a picture but if I do, I'll share. I think the funniest part was hearing the occasional person say "That's a female fire fighter!" ha ha ha Plenty of clapping and waving. One little girl said she wanted to be a fire fighter and her dad said she should be, pointed at me and told her that I was a good roll model. I sure blushed but I'm greatful that the community has welcomed me as part of the fire hall team so easily and readily. The hard work is worth knowing that I'm doing some good.

Then last night as I was just crawling into bed around 9 I got a page to an emergancy response in the park. Changed, ran back over to the hall and while we were taking care of one person we got paged for another emergency across the road at the hotel/pub.

I laughed at the second lead in the first responder, he said after we'd been there 10 minutes "I was hoping for more than just a blackout. I wanted something exciting for you too see. Blood, broken bones, something. This is too easy." Ha ha ha I told him to go gentle on me, as this was my first emergency responder event. The second one was a bit more exciting. Another member and I had to go get the ambulance stretcher and I learned how to unload it, lock, carry and all that good stuff:)

All in all, it was pretty exciting hour and the rest of the night was very quiet. This morning I'm to report to the station at 9 for debriefing, clean up and sign off on the task.

Let Sunday begin! I could use some fun this weekend and lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment