Thursday, March 7, 2013

CPR Practice on Dummies

As you can imagine, having read my blogs about being a volunteer fire fighter, this isn't just another night of serious learning.

If you call, wise cracking, hilarious boys, timing their breathing and pushing on a dummy's chest, serious learning. I'd taken ECE many years ago and had a pretty good idea what we would be doing on the baby dummy.

Infant dummy we have at the hall

The bigger dummy, no arms or legs, pretty much bodiless accept for the chest and head was different then I'd expected. Some assembly was required... hee hee
This is the model we have at the hall for the adult CPR practice
Learning 30:2 and 15:2, differences between adults, infants, kids, 100 compressions per minute and then including alone or with a partner can be a bit overwhelming in a regular classroom. However with this team I got a kick out of listening to them making jokes and even asking reasonable questions before I could even ask. Its all fun and games with my Hall and yet in all the fun and games I have learned so much from the regular members. And as with all learning, the more I learn, the more I don't know, the more I want to learn :)

Have a great read and see you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment